Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lawrence Arabia, 'Apple Pie Bed'

Couple of months back I rediscovered the joys of John Lennon's post-Beatles albums. Don't worry- I'm not about to announce that I think Lawrence Arabia is a modern day Lennon. But I would be telling a lie if I said that when I listened to 'Apple Pie Bed' it didn't sound comfortably reminiscent to my time spent with Double Fantasy and Milk and Honey. I'd also be fibbing if I told you that I'm not completely addicted to this song.

New Zealander James Milne is Lawrence Arabia. He's been a part of some bands you may have heard of (Brunettes, The Ruby Suns). He has two albums out. Not sure why he just landed on my radar now but I'm glad he did.

Lawrence Arabia - 'Apple Pie Bed'





His latest album is called Chant Darling and was released last year on Bella Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment